You’ve just started your business, and while getting it and your website up and running, you’ve probably heard about content marketing. But what is it all about?
Wikipedia says content marketing is: “an umbrella term encompassing all marketing formats that involve the creation and sharing of content in order to attract, acquire and engage clearly defined and understood current and potential consumer bases with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
Quite a big umbrella, I’m sure you’ll agree.
As the term Content Marketing does cover such a broad area of content I have collated 10 of the best posts that I have come across to explain what it is and how to do it well.
- What is Content Marketing and How to Include it in your Marketing Mix This is a great post explaining what content marketing involves and why it is so important to encompass it in your marketing. It includes a diagram of all forms of content marketing and evidence that it really works. SteamFeed
- The Three Essentials of Breakthrough Content Marketing The first installment in their Content Marketing 101 series and I’d highly recommend following the whole series. This one covers three key elements to make content marketing work for you and how to do it. Copyblogger
- How to Set Up Your Content Marketing Strategy Before starting any marketing campaign you would put a strategy in place. This post explains how to set up a content marketing strategy right from the beginning and it’s easy to follow. American Writers & Artists Inc.
- Content Marketing Isn’t a Buzz Phrase Another first in a series of posts about Content Marketing that is worth following. It explains how the internet wouldn’t exist without content which of course makes a lot of sense. And people need to read content. It is how it is presented that is key. InBoundPro
- 10 Kick Ass Content Marketing Ideas Here are some brilliant ideas to implement in your content marketing on your website, blogging, video and lots more. An easy to follow post that has really good information. Tweak Your Biz.com
- Content marketing in 2013: what the experts think I especially like this post because we hear from the experts and what they consider to be great content marketing. There are some clever tips from the people in the know so it’s well worth a read. Econsultancy
- The 10-Step Content Marketing Checklist This brilliant post explains simply what Content Marketing is all about. It also gives you a ten step process to follow to make it work effectively. Copyblogger
- Why You Shouldn’t Do Content Marketing This post will make you sit, think and realise how important content marketing is and why you should be using it. But believe in it and use effectively. Convince & Convert.
- 10 ways to create a great content campaign Now you’ve read a few posts about Content Marketing you’re ready for this in-depth post about it. It explains in detail how to blog with great content. Econsultancy
- 5 Types of Snack Size Content for Social Media Marketing Worth Considering And finally a short but succinct post explaining how to do content marketing …..short and succinctly. It is spot on and worth executing if you don’t have the time yet for something more in depth. Jeff Bullas
I hope the above posts have helped give you an idea about Content Marketing and how to use it effectively. I’d love to hear of any other posts or ideas you may have.