File an Amendment Before It’s too Late!

Once you have incorporated your business, whether as a corporation or LLC, you might find, down the road, that you need to make some changes.

Fortunately, nothing regarding your business is carved in stone, and you can make changes regarding several aspects of the company. In most states, however, you will be required to file Articles of Amendment, which are documents that notify the state of the changes you are making in your corporation.

Articles of Amendment are an important aspect of incorporation. It’s essential that everything about your business is completely legal and meets all state requirements, at all times. For this reason, it’s really imperative that you pay attention to any and all changes in the company, in order to maintain full compliance. Corpnet can help you take the worry out of staying within the guidelines by filing Articles of Amendment on your behalf.

What changes will I need to document?

Any change that alters your Articles of Incorporation (for a corporation) or Articles of Organization (for an LLC) must be recorded with an Amendment.

For example, any changes to the name of your company, your business address, the board of directors or members, or changes in the business activity of the company all require filing Articles of Amendment.

When should I file Articles of Amendment?

In many instances, filing Articles of Amendment can generally be done at any time of the year; however, most companies either file the Articles of Amendment after tax time is over or prior to the end of the year.  As with so many other business-related activities, it comes down to taxes. You already file two income tax returns, one for your business and one for your personal income. Any changes that will impact your tax status should certainly be dealt with before December 31st – it will be better to start the new tax year with all of your changes in place.

This may apply to an LLC as well as a corporation. Even though an LLC is not generally considered a separate taxable entity, if you have chosen the option of being taxed as a corporation, take care of your amendments now before it’s too late.

How do I file?

There’s no need to struggle with trying to figure out the precise nature of your amendments and the proper forms you need to file. Let Corpnet handle the details of your Articles of Amendment and you can rest assured that they will be filed quickly and accurately – and economically.

Have a look at our overview of Articles of Amendment to see if the changes you are planning require documentation. If you have any questions,’s professional staff is available to advise you. And once you know what you’re required to file, we can take care of the details for you.