Mon - Fri 7AM to 5PM PST | Se Habla Español

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

  • Start a Business

    Check Pricing & Processing Time

  • Call 1.888.449.26381.888.449.2638


Business Structure wizard
3 Business License Services
Business License
Compliance Package (BLCP)™

We provide you with all the licensing requirements and forms.
View Sample PDF Learn More
Form Preparation Service
We prepare all your licensing paperwork, and deliver it to you signature-ready.
Learn More
Full Licensing Service
We obtain for you ALL required licenses.
Learn More
toll free icon Order ANY Service by Phone - Toll Free 1.888.449.2638

When you start a business, if you plan to transport any kind of waste or hazardous materials, there are certain environmental licenses you need to do so. If you will be transporting any of the following, you need a waste transporter/solid waste license:

  • Residential Septage, Raw Sewage or Portable Toilet Waste
  • Non-residential Raw Sewage or Sewage Contaminated Waste
  • Sewage Sludge
  • Water Treatment Plant Residuals
  • Grease Trap Waste
  • Waste Oil
  • Petroleum Contaminated Soil
  • Waste Tires
  • Asbestos Waste
  • Low Level Radioactive Waste with or without Hazardous Waste
  • Hazardous Industrial/Commercial Waste
  • Regulated Medical Waste or other Biohazard Waste

There are plenty of types of businesses involved in waste transport, such as a commercial hauler or a medical waste transporter. If you’re unsure whether the work you plan to do requires a waste license, check with your city’s business licenses, permits & tax agency to find out.

What You Need to Know About Waste Transport

Whether you’re transporting waste across town or across state lines, you must make sure that both your vehicle and the containers you transport are leakproof and durable. When you move containers into your vehicle, you must be cautious to load them so that you don’t spill the contents. If you’ve got hazardous materials in tow, spilling them could jeopardize your health, as well as the health of others, not to mention it can violate many health codes.

Additionally, you must dispose of the hazardous waste per the EPA’s guidelines. If you are found to be disposing of them in any other way, you may be fined or shut down.

Applying for a Waste License

You can get a waste license from your environmental license issuing agency. You will need to submit info about your company, as well as provide information about the vehicle(s) that will transport the waste. Additionally, you may be required to provide proof of liability insurance as well.