Business License Compliance Package (BLCp)TM

We do the research and provide you with all the licensing requirements and forms. For just $149 per location, you get the licensing and permit answers you need to keep your business in compliance.

With our Business License Compliance Package, we'll research your business so we can tell you which business licenses, permits, and tax registrations you need for your geographical location and type of business. We also include the actual applications, so you can quickly take care of your compliance requirements.

View Sample Report

Call 888-449-2638 to order your Business License Compliance Package (BLCp)TM! 

When you start a business using vehicles that travel in different states or even Canadian provinces (such as a truck driving company), you are required to have an IFTA License. IFTA stands for International Fuel Tax Agreement, which is an agreement between the lower 48 states and the Canadian provinces. It’s designed to help in reporting fuel use by motor carriers that operate in more than one area. If you work in Alaska or Hawaii, you don’t need an IFTA license.

How an IFTA License Works

Once you have your IFTA license, you’ll be required to file a quarterly fuel tax report, which will determine whether you need to pay additional taxes or receive a refund on taxes on the fuel you purchase. Because fuel tax varies from state to state, you’ll be assigned a single fuel tax rate based on where your business operates, then be compensated or charged accordingly, based on your usage in all participating jurisdictions.

You’re required to have an IFTA license if your vehicle:

  • Has two axles and a gross vehicle weight rating registered gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 pounds, and/or
  • Has three or more axles, and/or
  • Is used in combination, with the weight exceeding 26,000 pounds gross vehicle or registered gross vehicle weight

What to Know About IFTA Licenses

Your IFTA license covers fuel tax only, not road tax, weight mileage tax, or any other taxes in the areas you travel. If you have questions about this, contact your state’s business licenses, permits & tax division to learn more.

You’ll need an IFTA license for every vehicle your company operates. Also, be aware that you will need to file your quarterly fuel reports by the following deadlines:

  • April 30
  • July 31
  • October 31
  • January 31