CorpNet can help you register for New Mexico payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

New Mexico Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $398

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the New Mexico Department of Taxation & Revenue and Department of Workforce Solutions.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your New Mexico Tax Identification Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of New Mexico.

New Mexico Payroll Tax FAQs

What is Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-06-23T11:28:12-07:00

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. New Mexico’s unemployment tax is managed through the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions.

What is the New Mexico Workers Compensation Fee?2021-06-23T11:28:47-07:00

The New Mexico Workers’ Compensation Act requires employers to pay the workers’ compensation assessment fees to the New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department. The employee portion should be taken as a payroll deduction.

Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in New Mexico?2021-06-23T11:29:18-07:00

All New Mexico employers must register with the Department of Taxation & Revenue and Department of Workforce Solutions.

Do New Mexico Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-06-23T11:29:50-07:00

Yes, as an employer of household employees, you are required to withhold New Mexico income tax from household employees’ wages and pay unemployment taxes.

Does New Mexico Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?2021-06-23T11:30:24-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Department of Taxation & Revenue and Department of Workforce Solutions, you will be issued a New Mexico Tax Identification Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What State Payroll Taxes Does New Mexico Have?2021-06-23T11:27:43-07:00
  • New Mexico Income Tax: New Mexico has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 1.7% to 4.9%, with varying tax brackets.
  • New Mexico Unemployment Insurance Tax: New Mexico employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 0.33% to 6.4% on a taxable wage base of $27,000. New employers pay 1% – 1.23%.
  • New Mexico Workers Compensation Fee: New Mexico employees and employers must pay the state a Workers’ Compensation Fee. Employer fees are $2.30 per employee per quarter. Employee fees are $2.00 per quarter.
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now