What is a Trademark?
A trademark includes any word, name, symbol, or device, or any combination, used, or intended to be used, in commerce to identify and distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from goods manufactured or sold by others, and to indicate the source of the goods. In short, a trademark is a brand name.
Benefits of Registering a Trademark
- Constructive notice nationwide of the trademark owner's claim.
- Evidence of ownership of the trademark.
- Jurisdiction of Federal courts may be invoked.
- Registration can be used as a basis for obtaining registration in foreign countries.
- Registration may be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods
Corpnet is NOT A LAWFIRM and CANNOT provide you with legal advice. Specifically, we cannot advise you on the validity of your mark or whether your use of the mark will infringe upon the rights of others. Please call us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions about the trademark filing process, fees, and estimated processing time.