Small Business Annual Compliance Checklist

Don’t let your small business fall out of compliance. Use our annual compliance checklist to stay on track.

Business compliance can slip through the cracks! As your existing business evolves, you are required to file notify the state of any changes. Many business owners lose sight of these requirements and fail to realize they haven’t met compliance requirements.

Year-end is a perfect time to review your operations and make sure your business is in full compliance. Use our year-end checklist to determine which business filings you need to perform to manage this year’s activities and changes.

Annual Compliance Checklist

Business Activity Performed This YearCompliance Filing Required
Hired your first employee(s)Register for payroll taxes
Started charging sales taxRegister for sales tax
Changed your business activity or purposeFile an Articles of Amendment
Changed your business nameFile an Articles of Amendment
Order a new Corporate or LLC Kit and Embosser
Assumed an alternate business name for an existing corporation or LLCFile a DBA (Fictitious Business Names)
Revise existing Trademarks
Changed your business addressFile an Articles of Amendment
Moved the location of your business to a new stateProcess a Domestication Filing
Revise your Registered Agent Services
Apply for a business loanSubmit a Certificate of Good Standing
Expanded your business into a new state(s)File for Foreign Qualification
Expanded your business internationallyRequest Apostille Certification
Changed the ownership of your businessCreate a new LLC Operating Agreement
File an Articles of Amendment
Order LLC Member Certificates
Merged with another company or were acquiredCall 1-888-449-2638 for assistance.
Changes your members or board of directorsFile an Articles of Amendment
Request Custom Bylaws and Minutes
Elected S corporation statusFile Form 2553
Added a new division to your businessCall 1-888-449-2638 for assistance.
Changed your business entity typeFile a Conversion
Changed an LLC's management format
(ex: member-managed to manager-managed)
File an Articles of Amendment
Changed the type of stock offeredFile an Articles of Amendment
Order Corporate Stock Certificates
Changed the number of shares authorized File an Articles of Amendment
Order Corporate Stock Certificates
Fell out of compliance with the state
(your business is delinquent on filings)
File a Reinstatement
Failed to file your annual report with the stateFile a Reinstatement
File an Annual Report
Sold part of your businessCall 1-888-449-2638 for assistance.
Closed your businessFile Articles of Dissolution
Business license or permit expiredRenew your Business Licenses
Held an annual meetingDraft Annual Meeting Minutes
100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!