Filing the Articles of Dissolution is a critical part of the wind-down process for anyone closing a business that is a corporation or an LLC.

Closing a Business FAQ

What happens when a corporation or LLC stops doing business?

In most jurisdictions, a corporation or LLC must pay taxes, file an annual report, or hold a corporate meeting of some kind at least once per year. If a business ceases to exist, Articles of Dissolution and other required documents must be filed with the state office.

What happens if I don’t legally close my business?

Failure to file appropriate documentation may result in taxes, penalties, and other fees for every day the company continues in existence. This applies even if you’ve stopped doing business.

How do I dissolve a corporation or LLC ?

Dissolving a corporation or LLC (Limited Liability Company) requires a legal filing. The “Articles of Dissolution” or “Certificate of Termination” is generally the document that must be filed with the Office of the Secretary of State within the state where the corporation or LLC company is formed.

What if my company is not in good standing or owes back taxes?

Depending on your company’s state of formation, the state will, in most cases, require the company to return to good standing before they allow the company to be dissolved.

Dissolve a Corporation or LLC
$249 Plus State Fees & Taxes

If you need to close your business, CorpNet can help you file your Articles of Dissolution. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.  If for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service, CorpNet™ will refund 100% of our service fee to you. Please remember, while our staff is very knowledgeable and experienced in the field of corporate filings, we are not acting as your attorney and cannot provide you with legal advice.

Processing Times

Standard: 2-4 weeks
Rush: 1-2 weeks (additional fees apply)

*Service fees shown above DO NOT include Shipping & Handling.
Additional state fees may apply and will be quoted upon order confirmation.
Prices subject to change without notice.

Need help with your venture?
Schedule your Free Business Consultation