Download the Ultimate Guide to Starting, Protecting, and Operating a Business in Delaware
- Trending Industries in Delaware
- Drawbacks to Starting a DE Business
- Protecting Personal Assets (Personal versus Business Debt)
- Business Structure Options
- The Delaware LLC vs. the S Corporation
Fill out the form on the right for a free download.
The state of Delaware offers comprehensive, tried and tested statutes that are designed to protect the corporation or LLC. Many larger corporations or LLCs, who have in excess of 100 members or shareholders, select Delaware as the preferred state of filing for this very reason.
On the other hand, for many small business owners, unless they are seeking expansion through large stock offerings or venture capital, incorporating in Delaware is NOT the most cost effective option. For these “smaller” business owners (those with less than 10 shareholders), incorporating in their home state is often the best choice.