Utah Registered Agent Services

CorpNet can act as your Utah registered agent ensuring your business stays compliant with any service of process, legal notices, or official mailings.

Our registered agent services are fast, affordable, guaranteed, and just $149 per year.

  1. Home
  2. Start a Business
  3. Registered Agent Services
  4. Utah Registered Agent Services

Why You Need to Appoint a Registered Agent in Utah

When a Utah business is formed, the company must designate a registered agent and office within the formation documents for a foreign or domestic For-Profit Corporation, Professional Corporation, Nonprofit Corporation, Benefit Corporation, Limited Liability Company, Professional Limited Liability Company, Series Limited Liability Company, Low-Profit Limited Liability Company, Benefit Limited Liability Company, General Partnership, Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Liability Limited Partnership, Tribal Business Entity, Uniform Limited Cooperative Association, and Business Trust.

Appointing a registered agent is legally required under Utah Chapter 17 Model Registered Agents Act.

Failure to appoint and maintain a commercial registered agent could result in default judgments (in the case of a lawsuit), fines, and penalties. You might also risk having your business suspended or terminated in the state of Utah.

Quick & Easy Ordering

Company is required
Business Type is required
State is required
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What Does a Registered Agent Do?

A registered agent is an individual or business that is appointed by the company to receive and sign for any legal service of process documents, notices, or demands served upon the company.

Some examples of the documentation include:

  • Official federal and state correspondence
  • Subpoenas for information
  • Tax notices
  • Lawsuit notifications
  • Summonses to appear in court
  • Wage garnishment notices
  • Corporate filing notifications

What Utah Business Entities Require a Registered Agent?

The following domestic and foreign businesses require a resident agent in Utah:

  • For-Profit Corporation
  • Professional Corporation
  • Nonprofit Corporation
  • Benefit Corporation
  • Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • Professional Limited Liability Company (PLLC)
  • Series Limited Liability Company (SLLC)
  • Low-Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Benefit Limited Liability Company
  • General Partnership
  • Limited Partnership (LP)
  • Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
  • Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP)
  • Tribal Business Entity
  • Uniform Limited Cooperative Association
  • Business Trust

Who Qualifies as a Registered Agent in Utah?

To serve as a resident agent or office, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Able to receive service of any process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the entity
  • A resident of Utah or a Business Entity authorized to do business in Utah or a Commercial Registered Agent
Smiling Woman Working on Her Computer

Why a Commercial Registered Agent is Your Best Option

A commercial registered agent has filed a special listing statement with a state’s agency responsible for business registrations and compliance. Information that a commercial registered agent provides on the list includes its company name, entity type, and address to which service of process should be sent.

Commercial registered agents often maintain a physical address in multiple states and work with many business entities. Commercial agents like CorpNet also will notify businesses of upcoming state filings and legal notices and they can prepare and submit compliance filings on your behalf.

There are many advantages to working with a commercial registered agent. From convenience and privacy to easy online document access, a commercial registered agent offers peace of mind.

Verified Trustpilot Review of ★★★★★

For many years, and through several different companies, CorpNet has been there for me. I have used their LLC formation and dissolution services…and then their formation service again, and then once again. I have also taken advantage of their services for annual report filing as well as registered agent monitoring and notification. I honestly don’t know what I’d do if left to my own devices with these matters.

What really makes CorpNet stand out, in my opinion, is the level of service, the consistency of the experience, and the price. You speak to live humans whenever you want (during business hours, of course). And beyond that, these are live humans that actually get to know you. State fees aside, the fees for CorpNet services are so nominal. And you just can’t put a price on doing the best you can for your small business. You and your company provide endless examples of how to rock a small business on every level.

FAQs About Utah Registered Agent Services

Does Utah require a registered agent?

Yes. The majority of businesses within the state of Utah must appoint a registered agent and office.

What government entity manages registered agents in Utah?

Utah Department of Commerce
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Phone: (801) 530-4849
Website: https://corporations.utah.gov/

What forms are used to appoint or change a registered agent in Utah?

  • Articles of Incorporation (Profit)
  • Articles of Incorporation (Professional)
  • Articles of Incorporation (Nonprofit)
  • Articles of Incorporation (Benefit Corporation)
  • Application for Authority to Conduct Affairs for a Foreign Corporation
  • Statement of Partnership Authority (General Partnership)
  • Certificate of Organization (Limited Liability Company) Business Trust Certificate of Registration
  • Certificate of Organization (Professional Services Limited Liability Company)
  • Certificate of Organization (Series Limited Liability Company)
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Foreign Limited Liability Company)
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Foreign Series Limited Liability Company)
  • Certificate of Organization (Low-Profit Limited Liability Company)
  • Certificate of Organization (Benefit Limited Liability Company)
  • Statement of Qualification (Limited Liability Partnership)
  • Certificate of Limited Liability Limited Partnership
  • Certificate of Limited Partnership
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Limited Partnership)
  • Application for Authority to Conduct Affairs for a Foreign Tribal Corporation
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Tribal Limited Liability Company)
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Tribal Professional Services Limited Liability Company)
  • Foreign Registration Statement (Tribal Series Limited Liability Company)
  • Tribal Registration Statement (Limited Partnership)
  • Tribal Registration Statement (Limited Liability Partnership)
  • Tribal Registration Statement (Limited Liability Limited Partnership)
  • Articles of Organization (Uniform Limited Cooperative Association)
  • Certificate of Authority (Foreign Uniform Limited Cooperative Association)
  • Business Trust Certificate of Registration
  • Registration Information Change Form
  • Registered Agent Resignation
  • Commercial Registered Agent Changes
  • Commercial Registered Agent Termination

How much does a registered agent cost?

There is a wide range of pricing for registered agents. Some service providers offer super low rates, however, this comes with limited services, hidden costs, and they do not offer important things your business needs like compliance monitoring, online customer portals, live customer service, or a money-back guarantee.

While at face value, a low-priced registered agent may seem like a sweet deal, things can turn sour quickly. So rather than looking only at the price low-cost providers flash prominently on their websites, dig deeper into what you’ll be getting and what you’re not getting.

How do I change my existing registered agent?

Resident Agent changes must be made by filing a Registration Information Change Form with the Secretary of State.

If you hire a commercial registered agent, they can process the paperwork for you. Request CorpNet to change your registered agent for you.

Can my registered agent manage my annual report?

Yes! When you appoint a commercial registered agent you can receive a wide range of business compliance assistance. CorpNet handles online filings for a wide range of requirements at the state, federal, and local levels:

  • File Articles of Incorporation
  • File Articles of Organization
  • File a foreign qualification
  • File a DBA (Doing Business As)
  • File initial reports and annual reports
  • Request an S Corporation election
  • Request EINs (Federal Tax ID Numbers)
  • Register for business licenses
  • Register for sales and use tax permits
  • Register for payroll taxes

Are discounts available for multiple businesses or states?

CorpNet offers nationwide registered agent services supporting multi-state, multi-company, and bulk registrations. Our full coverage across the United States is enhanced by a single point of contact that offers volume discounts for multiple entities, states, or years of service. Learn more about CorpNet’s bulk registered agent discounts.

100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!