Washington Registered Agent Services

CorpNet can act as your Washington registered agent ensuring your business stays compliant with any service of process, legal notices, or official mailings.

Our registered agent services are fast, affordable, guaranteed, and just $149 per year.

  1. Home
  2. Start a Business
  3. Registered Agent Services
  4. Washington Registered Agent Services

Why You Need to Appoint a Registered Agent in Washington

When a Washington business is formed, the company must designate a registered agent and office within the formation documents for foreign or domestic Corporations, LLCs, Limited Partnerships, and foreign financial institutions. A registered agent is an individual or company that accepts official paperwork such as service of process (lawsuits) and annual registration fee notices. Every authorized Washington business must maintain a registered agent.

Appointing a registered agent is legally required under Revised Code of Washington RCW 23.95.105(35).

Failure to appoint and maintain a commercial registered agent could result in default judgments (in the case of a lawsuit), fines, and penalties. You might also risk having your business suspended or terminated in the state of Washington.

Quick & Easy Ordering

Company is required
Business Type is required
State is required
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What Does a Registered Agent Do?

A registered agent is an individual or business that is appointed by the company to receive and sign for any legal service of process documents, notices, or demands served upon the company.

Some examples of the documentation include:

  • Official federal and state correspondence
  • Subpoenas for information
  • Tax notices
  • Lawsuit notifications
  • Summonses to appear in court
  • Wage garnishment notices
  • Corporate filing notifications

What Washington Business Entities Require a Registered Agent?

The following domestic and foreign businesses require a resident agent in Washington:

  • Profit Corporation
  • Professional Service Corporation
  • Social Purpose Corporation
  • Nonprofit Corporation
  • Nonprofit Professional Service Corporation
  • Nonprofit Miscellaneous and Mutual Corporation
  • Limited Liability Company (LLC)
  • Professional Limited Liability Company (PLLC)
  • Limited Partnership (LP)
  • Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
  • Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP)

In addition, the following foreign-only entities must maintain a registered agent:

  • Foreign Bank Corporation
  • Foreign Bank Limited Liability Company
  • Foreign Savings Bank
  • Foreign Savings and Loan Association
  • Foreign Credit Union

Who Qualifies as a Registered Agent in Washington?

To serve as a resident agent or office, you must meet the following requirements:

  • A registered agent must consent to receive all legal mail and accept Service of Process on behalf of the entity/business.
  • The registered agent must be one of the following:
    • A person or a business may be listed as a commercial registered agent by filing a Commercial Listing Statement with the agent’s name, physical address located in Washington State, and email address.
    • Any person or business with an address in Washington state who agrees to accept legal mail on behalf of the business.
  • A registered agent is required to have a physical address (not a PO BOX) in Washington state. The agent may also provide a PO Box address in addition to a physical address for receiving notice.
Smiling Woman Working on Her Computer

Why a Commercial Registered Agent is Your Best Option

A commercial registered agent has filed a special listing statement with a state’s agency responsible for business registrations and compliance. Information that a commercial registered agent provides on the list includes its company name, entity type, and address to which service of process should be sent.

Commercial registered agents often maintain a physical address in multiple states and work with many business entities. Commercial agents like CorpNet also will notify businesses of upcoming state filings and legal notices and they can prepare and submit compliance filings on your behalf.

There are many advantages to working with a commercial registered agent. From convenience and privacy to easy online document access, a commercial registered agent offers peace of mind.

Verified Trustpilot Review of ★★★★★

For many years, and through several different companies, CorpNet has been there for me. I have used their LLC formation and dissolution services…and then their formation service again, and then once again. I have also taken advantage of their services for annual report filing as well as registered agent monitoring and notification. I honestly don’t know what I’d do if left to my own devices with these matters.

What really makes CorpNet stand out, in my opinion, is the level of service, the consistency of the experience, and the price. You speak to live humans whenever you want (during business hours, of course). And beyond that, these are live humans that actually get to know you. State fees aside, the fees for CorpNet services are so nominal. And you just can’t put a price on doing the best you can for your small business. You and your company provide endless examples of how to rock a small business on every level.

FAQs About Washington Registered Agent Services

Does Washington require a registered agent?

Yes. The majority of businesses within the state of Washington must appoint a registered agent and office.

What government entity manages registered agents in Washington?

Washington Secretary of State
Corporations & Charities Division
801 Capitol Way South
Olympia, WA 98501

Website: https://www.sos.wa.gov/corporations-charities
Email: corps@sos.wa.gov
Phone: (360) 725-0377

What forms are used to appoint or change a registered agent in Washington?

  • Articles of Incorporation – Profit Corporation
  • Articles of Incorporation – Professional Services Corporation
  • Articles of Incorporation – Social Purpose Corporation
  • Articles of Incorporation – Nonprofit Corporation
  • Articles of Incorporation – Nonprofit Professional Service Corporation
  • Articles of Incorporation – Nonprofit Miscellaneous and Mutual Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Profit Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Professional Services Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Social Purpose Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Nonprofit Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Nonprofit Professional Service Corporation
  • Articles of Amendment – Nonprofit Miscellaneous and Mutual Corporation
  • Certificate of Formation – Limited Liability Company
  • Certificate of Formation – Professional Limited Liability Company
  • Certificate of Limited Liability Partnership
  • Certificate of Limited Partnership
  • Foreign Registration Statement – Profit Business Entities
  • Foreign Registration Statement – Nonprofit and Nonprofit Professional Service Corporation
  • Foreign Registration Statement – Bank Corporation, Bank Limited Liability Company, Savings Bank, Savings and Loan Association, Credit Union
  • Amended Certificate of Formation – Limited Liability Company
  • Amended Certificate of Formation – Professional Limited Liability Company
  • Amended Certificate – Limited Liability Partnership
  • Amended Certificate – Limited Partnership and Limited Liability Limited Partnership
  • Amendment of Foreign Registration Statement
  • Statement of Change/Designation of Registered Agent
  • Statement of Resignation – Non-commercial Registered Agent and Commercial Registered Agent
  • Listing Statement – Commercial Registered Agent
  • Statement of Change – Commercial Registered Agent
  • Commercial Registered Agent – Termination Statement

How much does a registered agent cost?

There is a wide range of pricing for registered agents. Some service providers offer super low rates, however, this comes with limited services, hidden costs, and they do not offer important things your business needs like compliance monitoring, online customer portals, live customer service, or a money-back guarantee.

While at face value, a low-priced registered agent may seem like a sweet deal, things can turn sour quickly. So rather than looking only at the price low-cost providers flash prominently on their websites, dig deeper into what you’ll be getting and what you’re not getting.

How do I change my existing registered agent?

Resident Agent changes must be made by filing a Statement of Change form online or by mail with the Secretary of State or the registered agent information can be updated when you file your Annual Report.

If you hire a commercial registered agent, they can process the paperwork for you. Request CorpNet to change your registered agent for you.

Can my registered agent manage my annual report?

Yes! When you appoint a commercial registered agent you can receive a wide range of business compliance assistance. CorpNet handles online filings for a wide range of requirements at the state, federal, and local levels:

  • File Articles of Incorporation
  • File Articles of Organization
  • File a foreign qualification
  • File a DBA (Doing Business As)
  • File initial reports and annual reports
  • Request an S Corporation election
  • Request EINs (Federal Tax ID Numbers)
  • Register for business licenses
  • Register for sales and use tax permits
  • Register for payroll taxes

Are discounts available for multiple businesses or states?

CorpNet offers nationwide registered agent services supporting multi-state, multi-company, and bulk registrations. Our full coverage across the United States is enhanced by a single point of contact that offers volume discounts for multiple entities, states, or years of service. Learn more about CorpNet’s bulk registered agent discounts.

100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!