Alaska Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for Alaska payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
Alaska Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $398
Get Started Today
Select all the states you’re looking for Employer Tax Registration.
A CorpNet agent will be in touch with you within 1 business day.
Save time on your call by answering a few questions:
A CorpNet agent will call you within 1 business day to discuss your next steps.
Need assistance? Call now at 1.888.449.2638
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for registration with the Alaska Department of Revenue and the Alaska Department of Labor.
We check for accuracy.
We’ll personally contact you to assess your business tax registration needs and discuss the options available.
We work closely with you.
After you place your order, your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.
Need Your Payroll Tax Registration Done Fast?
Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days. Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Alaska.
Alaska Payroll Tax FAQs
What State Payroll Taxes Does Alaska Have?
- Alaska Income Tax: Alaska has no state income tax, so employers are not required to register for state payroll taxes. You are still required to withhold federal income taxes and federal payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare.
- Alaska Unemployment Insurance Tax: Alaska employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 5% to 5.9% on a taxable wage base of $43,600. New employers pay a flat tax of 2.07%. (Alaska’s UI tax rates fluctuate quarter to quarter based on the employer’s gross payroll.) Employees in Alaska also contribute to Unemployment Insurance. As an employer, you are required to withhold 0.50% per employee on a taxable wage base of $43,600.
What is Alaskan Unemployment Insurance Tax?
Am I Required to Register for Alaska Payroll Taxes?
Do Household Employees Require Payroll Registration in Alaska?
Do I Need an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number in Alaska?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
As Seen On