Register for
Arkansas Payroll Taxes

CorpNet can help you register for Arkansas payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Arkansas Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $199

Here’s How It Works

Notepad and Pencil Icon

We collect your information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration and the Department of Workforce Services (DWS).
magnifying glass icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.
magnifying glass icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.
mouse and money icon

We deliver!

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Arkansas State Income Tax ID Number and DWS Employer Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Excellent Service

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “

Dr. Earle Baldwin

July 10, 2020

Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews

Arkansas Payroll Tax FAQs

Does Arkansas Have State Payroll Taxes?

Yes. Arkansas has two types of state payroll taxes:

  • Arkansas Income Tax: Arkansas has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 2% to 6.6%, with varying tax brackets.
  • Arkansas Unemployment Insurance Tax: Arkansas employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 4% to 14.3% on a taxable wage base of $10,000. New employers pay a flat tax of 3.1% (includes a 0.3% stabilization tax).

What is Arkansas’s Unemployment Insurance Tax?

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Arkansas’s unemployment tax is managed through the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (DWS).

ADWS administers Arkansas’ Unemployment Insurance program and facilitates employer compliance with the Arkansas Employment Security Law, collects unemployment insurance contributions from employers, provides unemployment insurance benefits to those eligible, and maintains management information systems for filing unemployment insurance claims and fraud detection.

Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in Arkansas?

Yes. All Arkansas employers must register new employees with the Arkansas New Hire Reporting Center, the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, and the Department of Workforce Services.

Do Household Employees Require Payroll Registration in Arkansas?

Yes. Domestic help in the home is exempt from the Withholding Tax requirements in Arkansas. Employers are required to pay unemployment taxes.

Do I Need an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number in Arkansas?

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration and the Department of Workforce Services, you will be issued an Arkansas State Income Tax ID Number and DWS Employer Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?

  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description

What if I Don’t Have an EIN?

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

As Seen On

Accounting Today Logo in White
Fox Business Logo in White
Forbes Logo in White
Inc Magazine Logo in White
Wall Street journal Logo in White
Entrepreneur Magazine Logo in White
100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!