California Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for California payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
California EDD Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $199
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
We check for accuracy.
We work closely with you.
Need Your Payroll Tax Registration Done Fast?
Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*
California Payroll Tax FAQs
What Are State Payroll Taxes?
Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Employment Training Tax (ETT)
Withholdings from Employee Wages:
State Disability Insurance (SDI)
Personal Income Tax (PIT)
What is Unemployment Insurance Tax?
What is Employment Training Tax?
What is State Disability Insurance Tax?
What is California Personal Income Tax?
Am I Required to Register for California Payroll Taxes?
Are Certain Business Entities Exempt From Payroll Taxes in California?
The following business and legal entity are required to register and pay payroll taxes:
- Sole Proprietors
- Nonprofit & Charitable Organizations
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Limited Partners (LPs)
- Public Entities (including state and federal agencies)
- Associations and Trusts
- Joint Ventures
- Indian Tribes
Do My Household Employees Require EDD Registration and Payroll Taxes?
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What is an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?
Once CorpNet registers your business with the EDD, you will be issued an eight-digit Employer Payroll Tax Account Number that look like 000-0000-0. This is also referred to as a State Employer Identification Number, SEIN, or state ID number.
Your employer payroll tax account number is required for all EDD interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your employer payroll tax account number when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
Learn More About Payroll Processing
- What is Payroll?
- What are Payroll Taxes?
- What is Payroll Processing?
- What is Reasonable Compensation for an S Corporation
- How Do You Set Up Payroll for an LLC or Corporation?
- How Do You Pay Yourself as a Sole Proprietor?
- How Do LLC Owners Get Paid?
- Hiring Family Members in a Small Business
- Independent Contractors vs. Employee
- What Every Small Business Should Know About 1099s
“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
As Seen On