Montana Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for Montana payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
Montana Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $199
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
We check for accuracy.
We work closely with you.
Need Your Payroll Tax Registration Done Fast?
Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*
Montana Payroll Tax FAQs
Does Montana Have State Payroll Taxes?
Yes. Montana has the following payroll taxes:
- Montana Income Tax: Montana has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 1% to 6.9%, with varying tax brackets.
- Montana Unemployment Insurance Tax: Montana employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 0% to 6.12% on a taxable wage base of $34,300. New employers pay a tax between 1% to 2.4%, depending on your industry.
What is Montana’s Unemployment Insurance Tax?
Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in Montana?
Do Montana Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?
Does Montana Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
Learn More About Payroll Processing
- What is Payroll?
- What are Payroll Taxes?
- What is Payroll Processing?
- What is Reasonable Compensation for an S Corporation
- How Do You Set Up Payroll for an LLC or Corporation?
- How Do You Pay Yourself as a Sole Proprietor?
- How Do LLC Owners Get Paid?
- Hiring Family Members in a Small Business
- Independent Contractors vs. Employee
- What Every Small Business Should Know About 1099s
“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
As Seen On