South Dakota Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for South Dakota payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
South Dakota Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $149
Get Started Today
Select all the states you’re looking for Employer Tax Registration.
A CorpNet agent will be in touch with you within 1 business day.
Save time on your call by answering a few questions:
A CorpNet agent will call you within 1 business day to discuss your next steps.
Need assistance? Call now at 1.888.449.2638
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
We check for accuracy.
We work closely with you.
Need Your Payroll Tax Registration Done Fast?
Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*
South Dakota Payroll Tax FAQs
What is Unemployment Insurance Tax?
What State Payroll Taxes Apply in South Dakota?
- South Dakota Income Tax: has no state income tax, so as an employer, you are not required to register for state payroll taxes. However, you are still required to withhold federal income taxes and federal payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare.
- South Dakota Reemployment Assistance Tax: South Dakota employers pay a varying reemployment assistance tax rate of 0% to 9.5% on a taxable wage base of $15,000. New employers pay a flat tax of 1.2%. New construction employers pay 6%. New employers also pay an investment fee of .55% for the first three years in business.
Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes?
Do My Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?
Does South Dakota Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
As Seen On