Texas Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for Texas payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
Texas Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $149
Get Started Today
Select all the states you’re looking for Employer Tax Registration.
A CorpNet agent will be in touch with you within 1 business day.
Save time on your call by answering a few questions:
A CorpNet agent will call you within 1 business day to discuss your next steps.
Need assistance? Call now at 1.888.449.2638
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
We check for accuracy.
We work closely with you.
Need Your Payroll Tax Registration Done Fast?
Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*
*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Texas.
Texas Payroll Tax FAQs
What is Texas Unemployment Insurance Tax?
Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federal program that provides temporary payments to workers that are unemployed, and this employment status is not based on their own actions.
Employers can register online for a new unemployment tax account at Unemployment Tax Registration. When you register online, you will receive a TWC tax account number and confirmation of your registration. Employers who do not want to register online can mail in completed Employer’s Registration Forms – Status Report Form C1 & C-1FR.
Does Texas Have State Payroll Taxes?
- Income Tax: Texas doesn’t have a state income tax, so as an employer, you are not required to register for state payroll taxes. You are still required to withhold federal income taxes and federal payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare.
- New Employees: The state of Texas does require all employers to report all new or rehired employees to the Employer New Hire Reporting Operations Center (ENHR) in the Texas Office of the Attorney General within 20 days of the effective hire date, which is the first date any services are performed for which you will pay the employee wages or other compensation.
- Unemployment Insurance: Texas employers are also required to register online for an unemployment tax account with the Texas Workforce Commission. Once the business is registered, employers receive a TWCtax account number.
Am I Required to Register for Employer Taxes in Texas?
What is a TWC tax account number?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
Learn More About Payroll Processing
- What is Payroll?
- What are Payroll Taxes?
- What is Payroll Processing?
- What is Reasonable Compensation for an S Corporation
- How Do You Set Up Payroll for an LLC or Corporation?
- How Do You Pay Yourself as a Sole Proprietor?
- How Do LLC Owners Get Paid?
- Hiring Family Members in a Small Business
- Independent Contractors vs. Employee
- What Every Small Business Should Know About 1099s
“Excellent services. Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
As Seen On