Register for
Vermont Payroll Taxes

CorpNet can help you register for Vermont payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Vermont Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $199

Here’s How It Works

Notepad and Pencil Icon

We collect your information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Vermont Department of Taxes and the Vermont Department of Labor.
magnifying glass icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.
magnifying glass icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.
mouse and money icon

We deliver!

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Vermont Tax Withholding Account Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Excellent Service

“Excellent services. Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “

Dr. Earle Baldwin

July 10, 2020

Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews

Vermont Payroll Tax FAQs

Does the Vermont Have State Payroll Taxes?

Yes. Vermont has the following payroll taxes:

  • Vermont Income Tax: Vermont has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 3.35% to 8.75%, with varying tax brackets.
  • Vermont Unemployment Insurance Tax: Vermont employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 0.4% to 5.4% on a taxable wage base of $14,100. Depending on the industry, new employers pay a tax rate of 1%.
  • Vermont Health Care Fund Assessment (HCFCA): Vermont employers not offering a health care plan must contribute to the Vermont Health Care Fund. The rate is determined by the number of uncovered full-time employees over 18 years old.

What is Vermont Unemployment Insurance Tax?

Vermont’s Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Vermont’s unemployment tax is managed through the Vermont Department of Labor.

What is Vermont’s Health Care Fund Assessment (HCFCA)?

The HCFCA requires all Vermont employers to contribute to the cost of providing health care coverage to their employees. All uninsured employees over the age of 18 are calculated into the assessment rate. The assessment rate changes every year. If an employer offers insurance to an employee, but the employee does not accept coverage, the employer may still be required to contribute to the Health Care Fund. The HCFCA is managed through the Vermont Department of Taxes.

Does Vermont Require Employers to Register for Payroll Taxes?

Yes! All Vermont employers must register with the Vermont Department of Taxes and the Vermont Department of Labor.

Do Vermont Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?

Yes. As an employer of household employees, you are required to withhold Vermont income tax from household employees’ wages and pay unemployment taxes.

Does Vermont Issue an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Vermont Department of Taxes and the Vermont Department of Labor, you will be issued a Vermont Tax Withholding Account Number and an Unemployment Tax Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?

  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description

What if I Don’t Have an EIN?

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

As Seen On

Accounting Today Logo in White
Fox Business Logo in White
Forbes Logo in White
Inc Magazine Logo in White
Wall Street journal Logo in White
Entrepreneur Magazine Logo in White
100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!