Register for
Washington Payroll Taxes

CorpNet can help you register for Washington payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Washington Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $249

Here’s How It Works

Notepad and Pencil Icon

We collect your information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Washington State Employment Security Department.
magnifying glass icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.
magnifying glass icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.
mouse and money icon

We deliver!

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Employer Payroll Tax Account number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Excellent Service

“Excellent services. Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “

Dr. Earle Baldwin

July 10, 2020

Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews

Washington Payroll Tax FAQs

Does Washington Have State Payroll Taxes?

  • Income Tax: Washington has no income tax, so as an employer, you are not required to register for state payroll taxes. You are still required to withhold federal income taxes and federal payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare.
  • New Employees: The state of Washington does require all employers to report all new or rehired employees to the Washington State Division of Child Support (DCS) within 20 days of hire.
  • Unemployment Insurance: Washington employers are also required to register online for an unemployment tax account with the Washington State Employment Security Department. Once the business is registered, employers receive a tax account number.
  • Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Workers’ compensation insurance is required for all full-time and part-time employees in Washington and administered through the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).

What is Washington’s Unemployment Insurance Tax?

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federal program that provides temporary payments to workers that are unemployed, and this employment status is not based on their own actions. Washington State Unemployment Insurance rates change year to year, ranging from 0.11% to 5.40% based on wages. There is also a social cost tax of 1.22%. (The social cost tax is for unemployment costs that can’t be collected by a single employer and is shared by all employers.) New employers use the average experience tax rate—in 2021, that rate is 0.97%.

Are Employers Required to Register for Employer Taxes in Washington?

If you have employees working in Washington, you must register them with the Washington State Division of Child Support (DCS) and the Washington State Employment Security Department for Unemployment Taxes. Employers must also register for a Workers’ Compensation account with the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).

What is an Employment Security Number (ES Number)?

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Washington State Employment Security Department, you will be issued an Employment Security Number (ES Number) to use on all your business compliance requirements. All businesses with employees in Washington must register to file quarterly wage reports and pay unemployment insurance taxes.

What is Washington’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance?

Workers’ Compensation insurance protects employers and employees with missed wages, medical expenses, and rehabilitation costs if an employee is injured or ill due to a work-related event. Each state is in charge of its own Workers’ Compensation program. Washington state requires all employers with employees in Washington to register and pay for Workers’ Compensation Insurance through the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I).

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?

  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description

What if I Don’t Have an EIN?

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

As Seen On

Accounting Today Logo in White
Fox Business Logo in White
Forbes Logo in White
Inc Magazine Logo in White
Wall Street journal Logo in White
Entrepreneur Magazine Logo in White
100% satisfaction guaranteed or we will refund 100% of our service fees with no questions asked!