West Virginia Payroll Taxes
CorpNet can help you register for West Virginia payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.
West Virginia Payroll Tax Registration Bundle
Starting at $199
Here’s How It Works
We collect your information.
We check for accuracy.
We work closely with you.
“Excellent services. Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
Trust Score: 4.9 | 426 Reviews
West Virginia Payroll Tax FAQs
What are West Virginia’s State Payroll Taxes?
- West Virginia Income Tax: West Virginia has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 3% to 6.5%.
- West Virginia Unemployment Insurance Tax: West Virginia employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate between 1.5% to 8.5% on a taxable wage base of $12,000. New employers pay a flat tax rate of 2.7%.
- West Virginia Local Taxes: Employees working in the following nine cities in West Virginia pay a local “city service fee:” Charleston, Fairmont, Huntington, Madison, Montgomery, Morgantown, Parkersburg, Weirton, and Wheeling. Employers are responsible for withholding this fee from employee paychecks
What is West Virginia’s Unemployment Insurance Tax?
What is West Virginia’s City Service Fee?
Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in West Virginia?
Do West Virginia Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?
Does West Virginia Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?
What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?
- Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
- Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
- Physical business address and mailing address
- Business phone number
- Valid email address (contact person and business)
- Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?
An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.
What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?
Learn More About Payroll Processing
- What is Payroll?
- What are Payroll Taxes?
- What is Payroll Processing?
- What is Reasonable Compensation for an S Corporation
- How Do You Set Up Payroll for an LLC or Corporation?
- How Do You Pay Yourself as a Sole Proprietor?
- How Do LLC Owners Get Paid?
- Hiring Family Members in a Small Business
- Independent Contractors vs. Employee
- What Every Small Business Should Know About 1099s
As Seen On