CorpNet can help you register for Connecticut payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Connecticut Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $398

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, Connecticut Department of Labor (Tax Division), and Connecticut Paid Leave.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

After you place your order, your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Connecticut tax registration numbers. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Connecticut.

Connecticut Payroll Tax FAQs

What are the Connecticut State Payroll Taxes?2021-05-26T09:56:24-07:00
  • Connecticut Income Tax: Connecticut has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 3% to 6.99%.
  • Connecticut Unemployment Insurance Tax: Connecticut employers pay an unemployment tax with rates ranging from 9% to 6.8% on a taxable wage base of $15,000. New employers pay 3.2% in 2021.
  • Connecticut State Paid Family and Medical Leave Act (PFMLA): Employers must withhold 0.5% of each employee’s taxable wages up to the Social Security contribution base ($142,800 in 2021).
What is Connecticut Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-05-26T09:57:11-07:00

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Connecticut’s unemployment tax is managed through the Connecticut Department of Labor (Tax Division).

What is the Connecticut State Paid Family and Medical Leave Act (PFMLA)?2021-05-26T09:57:36-07:00

The Paid Leave Authority administers the Paid Family and Medical Leave Act (PFMLA) program. The program provides Connecticut workers access to paid leave for life events covered under the federal Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA), the Connecticut Family and Medical Leave Act (CT FMLA), and the Connecticut Family Violence Leave Act. Connecticut employers must withhold 0.5% of each employee’s taxable wages’ paychecks for the PFMLA as of Jan. 1, 2021. No benefits will be paid to employees before Jan. 1, 2022.

Do Connecticut Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-05-26T09:58:13-07:00

A household employer is not required to withhold Connecticut income tax from household employees’ wages unless there is a voluntary agreement between the employer and the employee.

What is a Connecticut Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?2021-05-26T09:59:37-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services, the Connecticut Department of Labor (Tax Division), and the Connecticut Paid Leave agency, you will be issued Connecticut tax registration numbers. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now