CorpNet can help you register for Delaware payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Delaware Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $398

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Delaware Division of Revenue and Department of Labor.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Delaware Identification Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Delaware.

Delaware Payroll Tax FAQs

What Are the Delaware State Payroll Taxes?2021-05-28T06:55:32-07:00
  • Delaware Income Tax: Delaware has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 0% to 6.6%, with varying tax brackets.
  • Delaware Local Taxes: Employers of workers residing or conducting business in Wilmington, Delaware, must withhold a 1.25% Wilmington City Tax from employees’ wages. Businesses located or earning income in Wilmington are also subject to the city tax.
  • Delaware Unemployment Insurance Tax: Delaware employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate of 3% to 8.2% on a taxable wage base of $16,500. New employers pay a flat tax of 1.8%. New construction employers pay a flat 2.3%.
Does Delaware Have Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-05-28T06:56:10-07:00

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Delaware’s unemployment tax is managed through the Delaware Department of Labor, Division of Unemployment Insurance.

Am I Required to Register for Delaware Payroll Taxes?2021-05-28T06:56:47-07:00

Yes. All Delaware employers must register with the Delaware Division of Revenue and the Department of Labor.

Do Delaware Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-05-28T06:57:22-07:00

You are not required to withhold Delaware income tax from household employees’ wages. You may withhold Delaware income tax if a household employee asks you to and you agree to do so. If you decide to withhold, you must register with the Delaware Division of Revenue. Employers of household employees must pay state unemployment insurance tax.

What Employer Payroll Tax Account Numbers Do I Need in Delaware?2021-05-28T06:58:01-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Delaware Division of Revenue and Department of Labor, you will be issued a Delaware Identification Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now