CorpNet can help you register for Illinois payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Illinois Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $199

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Illinois Department of Revenue.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your tax account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Employer Payroll Tax Account number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Illinois.

Illinois Payroll Tax FAQs

What State Payroll Taxes Apply for Illinois?2021-05-27T15:39:40-07:00

Illinois employers contribute a flat income tax rate of 4.95% per employee. There are no additional city or regional income taxes.

  • New Employers: All employers must register with the Illinois Department of Employment Security within 30 days of startup.
  • State Payroll Taxes: Employers must pay income taxes for Illinois employees to the Illinois Department of Revenue or through the MyTax Illinois
  • Unemployment Insurance Tax: Employers are also responsible for withholding unemployment taxes in Illinois for employees earning over $12,960 in 2021.
What is Illinois’ Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-05-27T15:40:30-07:00

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federal program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not based on their own actions. Illinois’s Unemployment is run through the Illinois Department of Employment Security, and businesses can register through the MyTax Illinois website. Rates range from 0.525% to 6.925%. For new employers, the flat rate is 3.175%.

Do All Businesses Need to Register for Illinois Payroll Taxes?2021-05-27T15:41:15-07:00

If you operate a business and employ one or more employees, you must register as an employer with the Illinois Department of Employment Security and the Illinois Department of Revenue.

Am I Required to Withhold Payroll Taxes for My Household Employees in Illinois?2021-05-27T15:42:23-07:00

Normally, you must withhold Illinois Income Tax for your Illinois employee if one the following applies:

  • You withhold federal income tax
  • You and your employee enter into a voluntary withholding agreement
Does Illinois Require a Specific Employer Account Number for Processing?2021-05-27T15:43:11-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business, you will be issued a Department of Revenue account number and a separate Unemployment account number. You must provide your employer account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now