CorpNet can help you register for Kentucky payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Kentucky Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $398

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Kentucky Department of Revenue and the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Kentucky Tax Withholding Account Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Kentucky.

Kentucky Payroll Tax FAQs

What State Payroll Taxes Existing in Kentucky?2021-05-27T13:36:02-07:00
  • Kentucky Income Tax: Kentucky has a flat tax rate of 5%.
  • Kentucky County Payroll Taxes: Kentucky has over 200 tax districts that charge a variable occupational tax. The occupational tax applies to employees who are residents of the district and/or perform their principal business functions in the district. Businesses located in the districts also pay the occupational tax.
  • Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Tax: Kentucky employers pay an unemployment tax with rates ranging from 0% to 10.0% on a wage base of $10,800 per employee. New employers pay a flat rate of 2.7%. New construction industry employers pay 10%.
Does Kentucky Require Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-05-27T13:37:10-07:00

Yes. Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Kentucky’s unemployment tax is managed through the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance.

What is the Kentucky Occupational Tax?2021-05-27T13:39:26-07:00

Any individual (resident or non-resident) or business entity (partnerships, C corporations, or S Corporations) who receive taxable compensation are required to file and pay the occupational tax to the Kentucky Department of Revenue. It is the responsibility of the employer to withhold the occupational tax from employee wages.

Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in Kentucky?2021-05-27T13:39:59-07:00

All Kentucky employers must register with the Kentucky Department of Revenue and the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance.

Do Kentucky Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-05-27T13:40:40-07:00

You are not required to withhold Kentucky income tax from household employees’ wages. You may withhold Kentucky income tax if a household employee asks you to withhold and you agree to do so. If you decide to withhold, you must register with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. Employers of household employees must also pay state unemployment insurance tax.

What Payroll Tax Account Number Are Needed in Kentucky?2021-05-27T13:41:23-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Kentucky Department of Revenue and the Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance, you will be issued a Kentucky Tax Withholding Account Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now