CorpNet can help you register for Oregon payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Oregon Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $199

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Oregon Employment Department.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your tax account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to complete your tax registration request successfully. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Employer Payroll Tax Account number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Oregon.

Oregon Payroll Tax FAQs

What is Oregon Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-06-24T13:04:06-07:00

Oregon Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federal program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not based on their own actions.

What State Payroll Taxes Apply to Oregon?2021-06-24T13:03:34-07:00
  • Oregon Income Tax: Oregon has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 4.75% to 9.9%.
  • Oregon Transit Tax: Employees pay a transit tax of 0.01%, withheld by employers. Employers who pay wages to employees within the TriMet boundaries and Lane County also pay transit taxes—rates vary.
  • Oregon Unemployment Insurance: Oregon employers pay an unemployment tax on a wage base of $43,800. Rates range from 1.2% to 5.4%. New employers pay a flat rate of 2.6%.
What is Oregon Transit Tax?2021-06-24T13:07:08-07:00

The Oregon Department of Revenue administers tax programs for the Tri-County Metropolitan Transportation District (TriMet) and the Lane County Mass Transit District (LTD). Nearly every employer who pays wages for services performed in these districts must pay transit payroll tax. The tax is figured only on the amount of gross payroll for services performed within the TriMet or Lane Transit Districts. This includes traveling sales representatives and employees working from home.

Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes?2021-06-24T13:07:33-07:00

All Oregon employers must register with the Oregon Employment Department and the Oregon Department of Revenue.

Do Oregon Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-06-24T13:08:03-07:00

Oregon income tax withholding is not required for household employees unless requested by the employee.

Does Oregon Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?2021-06-24T13:08:43-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Oregon Employment Department and the Oregon Department of Revenue you will be issued a Business Identification Number (BIN). Your BIN is required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your BIN when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now