CorpNet can help you register for West Virginia payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

West Virginia Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $199

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the West Virginia State Tax Department and the Workforce West Virginia Department.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

Based on the information you’ve provided, we will pre-qualify your business to ensure your account information is accurate and consistent.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your West Virginia Employer Account Numbers. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of West Virginia.

West Virginia Payroll Tax FAQs

What are West Virginia’s State Payroll Taxes?2021-06-28T09:57:02-07:00
  • West Virginia Income Tax: West Virginia has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 3% to 6.5%.
  • West Virginia Unemployment Insurance Tax: West Virginia employers pay a varying unemployment tax rate between 1.5% to 8.5% on a taxable wage base of $12,000. New employers pay a flat tax rate of 2.7%.
  • West Virginia Local Taxes: Employees working in the following nine cities in West Virginia pay a local “city service fee:” Charleston, Fairmont, Huntington, Madison, Montgomery, Morgantown, Parkersburg, Weirton, and Wheeling. Employers are responsible for withholding this fee from employee paychecks
What is West Virginia’s Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-06-28T09:57:41-07:00

West Virginia’s Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. West Virginia’s unemployment tax is managed through the Workforce West Virginia Department.

What is West Virginia’s City Service Fee?2021-06-28T09:58:17-07:00

Nine West Virginia cities require employees who work there to pay a city service fee. Once a business has obtained a business license to conduct business in one of these cities, it will be mailed a “City Service Fee Remittance Form.” The city service fee is withheld from the wages of employees on the payroll of a business located in the city or conducting business in the city. The fees range from $1.50 to $5.00 per calendar week.

Am I Required to Register for Payroll Taxes in West Virginia?2021-06-28T09:58:53-07:00

Yes. All West Virginia employers must register through the West Virginia State Tax Department and the Workforce West Virginia Department.

Do West Virginia Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-06-28T09:59:30-07:00

Yes. Employers of household employees in West Virginia must register with the West Virginia State Tax Department and the Workforce West Virginia Department.

Does West Virginia Require an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?2021-06-28T10:00:09-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the West Virginia State Tax Department and the Workforce West Virginia Department, you will be issued employer account numbers. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your accounts are accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now