CorpNet can help you register for Wisconsin payroll taxes. This saves you time and money, while also making it quick and easy to pay your employees.

Wisconsin Payroll Tax Registration Bundle Starting at $398

Here’s How it Works

Icon of Paper and Pen

We collect your Information.

CorpNet will collect information about you and your business to determine your eligibility for online registration with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.

Magnifying Glass Icon

We check for accuracy.

We’ll process your order within 7-10 business days, and depending on state processing times, provide you with your Wisconsin Tax Withholding Account Number and Unemployment Tax Account Number. You’ll be able to give these details to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Chat Bubble Icon

We work closely with you.

Your dedicated CorpNet agent will collect any additional information needed to successfully complete your tax registration request. Once we have all we need, we will submit your application to the state.

Icon of Money and Computer Mouse

We Deliver.

We’ll provide you with your employer account registration details so you can give them to your payroll provider to help you pay your employees faster.

Man at Computer

Need your payroll tax
registration done fast?

Try our expedited services. We’ll process your order with CorpNet in 3-5 business days.*

Get Started

*Processing times cannot be guaranteed and are at the discretion of the state of Wisconsin.

Wisconsin Payroll Tax FAQs

Does Wisconsin Have State Payroll Taxes?2021-06-28T10:05:01-07:00

Wisconsin has the following payroll taxes:

  • Wisconsin Income Tax: Wisconsin has a progressive income tax rate ranging from 3.54% to 7.65%, with varying tax brackets.
  • Wisconsin Unemployment Insurance Tax: Wisconsin employers pay an unemployment tax with rates ranging from 0% to 12% on a taxable wage base of $14,000. New employers with a payroll less than $500K pay a flat 3.05%. New employers with a payroll of more than $500K pay a flat 3.25%. New construction businesses pay 2.9% if payroll is less than $500K and 3.1% if payroll is more than $500K.
What is Unemployment Insurance Tax?2021-06-28T10:05:19-07:00

Unemployment Insurance Tax (UI) is a federally-mandated, state-run program that provides temporary payments to unemployed workers whose employment status is not a result of their own actions. Wisconsin’s unemployment tax is managed through the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.

Does Wisconsin Required Employers to Register for Payroll Taxes?2021-06-28T10:06:03-07:00

All Wisconsin employers must register with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.

Do Wisconsin Household Employees Require Payroll Registration?2021-06-28T10:06:29-07:00

According to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, employers of domestic employees do not need a withholding account.

Does Wisconsin Have an Employer Payroll Tax Account Number?2021-06-28T10:07:10-07:00

Once CorpNet registers your business with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue and the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, you will be issued a Wisconsin Tax Withholding Account Number and an Unemployment Tax Account Number. Your account numbers are required for all interactions to ensure your account is accurate. You must provide your account numbers when filing returns and making deposits in all electronic and paper filings.

What Kind of Information Do I Need for Payroll Tax Registration?2021-06-28T10:26:56-07:00
  • Name and Social Security number of all responsible parties
  • Doing Business As (DBA), if applicable
  • Physical business address and mailing address
  • Business phone number
  • Valid email address (contact person and business)
  • Nine-digit federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
  • Industry description
What if I Don’t Have an EIN?2021-06-28T10:26:21-07:00

An EIN is a Federal Tax Identification Number provided by the IRS. If you do not have an EIN already, CorpNet can obtain one for you via their FTIN service.

What if I Don’t Have a Payroll Processor?2021-06-28T10:26:03-07:00

CorpNet works with the leading payroll processors and we can connect you with our trusted partners who will pay your employees, accrue the necessary taxes, and complete the necessary payments and documentation with state and federal authorities.

User Image

Excellent services.

“Excellent services.Very helpful and knowledgeable in their craft. “
– Dr. Earle Baldwin | July 10, 2020

Incorporate Now