Resources for Starting and Maintaining a Business in Alaska
At CorpNet our mission is to help you start your business and help you keep it in compliance. To assist you in your entrepreneurial journey, we’ve collected answers to the most frequently asked questions small business owners have about starting and maintaining a business in the state of Alaska.
Our goal is to provide you with a one-stop solution for all of your business, payroll tax registrations, and compliance filings. And if we can help you along the way, our team of entity filings and compliance experts is just a call away.
Quick Facts for Starting an Alaska Business
Expedited Services Available: No
New Business Publishing Required: No
Private Registration Available: No
Registered Agent Required: Yes
Biennial Report Required: Yes
Franchise Tax Required: No
State Sales Tax: 0%
State Income Tax: 2% to 9.4%
Unemployment Insurance: 1% – 5.4%
DBAs do not require a registered agent.
Alaska Business Entity Options
|Business Entity Type||State Registration Fees||Applicable Form|
|Domestic Limited Partnership||$150||Certificate of Limited Partnership (Form 08-508)|
|Domestic Limited Liability Partnership||$150||Statement of Qualification (Form 08-524)|
|Domestic Limited Liability Company||$250||Articles of Organization (Form 08-484)|
|Domestic Business Corporation||$250||Articles of Incorporation (Form 08-400)|
|Cooperative Corporation||$250||Articles of Incorporation (Form 08-462)|
|Domestic Professional Corporation||$250||Articles of Incorporation (Form 08-424)|
|Domestic Nonprofit Corporation||$50||Articles of Incorporation (Form 08-438)|
|Religious Corporation||$50||Articles of Incorporation (Form 08-539)|
|Foreign Limited Liability Company||$350||Registration of Foreign LLV (Form 08-497)|
|Foreign Business Corporation||$350||Certificate of Authority (Form 08-414)|
|Foreign Cooperative Corporation||$250||Certificate of Authority (Form 08-474)|
|Foreign Nonprofit Corporation||$50||Certificate of Authority (Form 08-452)|
|Foreign Limited Partnership||$150||Certificate of Registration for Foreign Limited Partnership (Form 08-517)|
|Foreign Limited Liability Partnership||$150||Statement of Foreign Qualification (Form 08-532)|
Not Sure Which Type of Business You Need?
Launch CorpNet’s Business Structure Wizard to get suggested entities based on your unique needs. It’s free and easy to use.
Key Alaska Government Resources
Feeling Overwhelmed? CorpNet Is Here To Help!
Below are all the ways CorpNet can help you and your business.
Our knowledge team of experts is here to help and all our services are backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Business Formation and Launch
Ongoing Business Compliance
Additional Resources and Articles
- Business Structures Chart
- Choosing a Business Structure
- Business Structures Wizard
- Sole Proprietorship vs. Partnership
- Sole Proprietorship vs. LLC
- LLC vs. Partnership
- LLC vs. Corporation
- C Corporation vs. S Corporation
- S Corporation vs. LLC
- LLC vs. S Corp vs. C Corp
- DBA vs. LLC
- LLP vs. LLC
- LLC vs. PLLC
- Professional Corporation vs. LLC
- Single Member vs. Multiple Member LLC
- Member vs. Manager-Managed LLC
- Domestic LLC vs. Foreign LLC
- What is a Certificate of Incorporation?
- What is a Certificate of Registration?
- What is a Statement of Information?
- What are Articles of Incorporation?
- What are Articles of Organization?
- What is an Annual Franchise Tax Report?
- What is a Certificate of Authority?
- What is a Statement of Purpose?
- What Is a Fictitious Name?
- What is a Pass-Through Entity?
- What is the Owner of an LLC Called?
- What is the Role of an LLC Organizer?
- What Is a Registered Agent?
- What is a Statutory Agent?
- What is a Reseller License?
- What is a Corporate Resolution?
- What Is a Letter of Good Standing?
Need a Small Business Compliance Checklist?
Business compliance can slip through the cracks! As your existing business evolves, you are required to file notify the state of any changes. Many business owners lose sight of these requirements and fail to realize they haven’t met compliance requirements.
Use our compliance checklist to determine which business filings you need to perform to manage this year’s activities and changes.