Resources for Starting and Maintaining a Business in Colorado
At CorpNet our mission is to help you start your business and help you keep it in compliance. To assist you in your entrepreneurial journey, we’ve collected answers to the most frequently asked questions small business owners have about starting and maintaining a business in the state of Colorado.
Our goal is to provide you with a one-stop solution for all of your business, payroll tax registrations, and compliance filings. And if we can help you along the way, our team of entity filings and compliance experts is just a call away.
Quick Facts for Starting a Colorado Business
Expedited Services Available: Yes
New Business Publishing Required: No
Private Registration Available: No
Registered Agent Required: Yes*
Annual Report Required: Yes
Franchise Tax Required: No
State Sales Tax: 2.9%
State Income Tax: 4.4%
Unemployment Insurance: .75% – 10.39%
*DBAs do not require a registered agent.
Colorado Business Entity Options
|Business Entity Type
|State Registration Fees
|Domestic Limited Partnership (LP)
|Certificate of Limited Partnership
|Domestic Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
|Statement of Registration to Register as a Limited Liability Partnership
|Domestic Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP)
|Combined Certificate of Limited Partnership and Statement of Registration to Register as a Limited Liability Limited Partnership
|Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC)
|Articles of Organization
|Domestic Profit Corporation
|Articles of Incorporation for a Profit Corporation
|Domestic Nonprofit Corporation
|Articles of Incorporation for a Nonprofit Corporation
|Article 55 Cooperative Association
|Articles of Incorporation for a Cooperative Association
|Article 56 Cooperative
|Articles of Incorporation for a Cooperative
|Limited Partnership Association
|Articles of Association
|Limited Cooperative Association
|Articles of Organization for a Limited Cooperative Association
|All Foreign Entities
|Statement of Foreign Entity Authority
Not Sure Which Type of Business You Need?
Launch CorpNet’s Business Structure Wizard to get suggested entities based on your unique needs. It’s free and easy to use.
Key Colorado Government Resources
A Guide for Starting a Business in the State of Colorado
In Colorado, energetic communities of entrepreneurs collaborate with top-notch educational institutions to fuel cutting-edge industries like aerospace, biochemistry, clean energy, advanced manufacturing, IT, and software development.
If you’ve been thinking about starting a business in Colorado, here is a comprehensive look at what business owners should know and address to get their Colorado businesses up and running.
Feeling Overwhelmed? CorpNet Is Here To Help!
Below are all the ways CorpNet can help you and your business.
Our knowledge team of experts is here to help and all our services are backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Business Formation and Launch
Ongoing Business Compliance
Need a Small Business Compliance Checklist?
Business compliance can slip through the cracks! As your existing business evolves, you are required to file notify the state of any changes. Many business owners lose sight of these requirements and fail to realize they haven’t met compliance requirements.
Use our compliance checklist to determine which business filings you need to perform to manage this year’s activities and changes.
Additional Resources and Articles
- Business Structures Chart
- Choosing a Business Structure
- Business Structures Wizard
- Sole Proprietorship vs. Partnership
- Sole Proprietorship vs. LLC
- LLC vs. Partnership
- LLC vs. Corporation
- C Corporation vs. S Corporation
- S Corporation vs. LLC
- LLC vs. S Corp vs. C Corp
- DBA vs. LLC
- LLP vs. LLC
- LLC vs. PLLC
- Professional Corporation vs. LLC
- Single Member vs. Multiple Member LLC
- Member vs. Manager-Managed LLC
- Domestic LLC vs. Foreign LLC
- What is a Certificate of Incorporation?
- What is a Certificate of Registration?
- What is a Statement of Information?
- What are Articles of Incorporation?
- What are Articles of Organization?
- What is an Annual Franchise Tax Report?
- What is a Certificate of Authority?
- What is a Statement of Purpose?
- What Is a Fictitious Name?
- What is a Pass-Through Entity?
- What is the Owner of an LLC Called?
- What is the Role of an LLC Organizer?
- What Is a Registered Agent?
- What is a Statutory Agent?
- What is a Reseller License?
- What is a Corporate Resolution?
- What Is a Letter of Good Standing?